Sweet Potato Quesadillas
These are really yummy and so creamy, you won’t
miss the cheese.
2 medium sweet potatoes
¼ of a small onion, diced fine
4 small tortillas (I used whole wheat)
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cilantro
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. coriander
Dash of nutmeg
1 tbsp. olive oil
1) Wash the sweet potatoes and prick a couple of times with a fork. Bake
in the microwave. (One medium sweet potato cooks in my microwave in about
2) In large saucepan on medium-high heat, cook the onion in the olive
oil for a few minutes.
3) Meanwhile, mix all of the spices together in a medium bowl.
4) Cut the cooked sweet potatoes in half, scoop the insides out and add
to the bowl with the spices. Add the cooked onion. Mash the mixture together
until mixed well.
5) Spread the mixture onto one of the tortillas, and add the second tortilla
on top, like a sandwich. Place the tortilla sandwich into the same saucepan
in which you cooked the onion (on medium heat). Cook on one side about
2 minutes, until just starting to brown. Then flip and cook the other
side. Remove and set aside and repeat for the second quesadilla.
6) Serve with your favorite toppings. I added avocado slices and spicy
Serves two. Super delicious and healthy.
Takes about 15 minutes to prepare.
Return to Top