Roasted Red Peppers in a Tomato Cream Sauce
If you like roasted red peppers, you will love
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp. butter or butter substitute (Smart Balance works fine)
1 shallot, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 red pepper, roasted* and cut in thin slices (see recipe below or use
jarred red pepper, drained)
1 15 oz. can of fire roasted tomatoes
¼ cup low-fat milk
1 tbsp. dried basil
About 20 fresh basil leaves, torn
Salt & pepper
1) Heat olive oil and butter on medium high heat. Add shallot and garlic
and sauté a couple of minutes.
2) Add roasted red peppers and sauté a couple minutes more.
3) Add tomatoes and dried basil. Reduce hit and simmer about 20 minutes.
4) Add milk and basil about a minute before serving. Salt and pepper,
5) Serve with your favorite pasta.
Makes two large servings.
Delicious paired with Mountain
Cove Vineyards Tinto wine.
*Roasted Red Peppers
1 red pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1) Slice red pepper into long strips and spread onto a baking sheet.
2) Pour olive oil over red pepper strips and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3) Using your hands, toss the strips to coat evenly.
4) Bake at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes. Red pepper should be fork
Return to Top