No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
These cookies are great to make when you want something sweet but are short on time. They also have lots of oatmeal and cocoa in them: good-for-you ingredients.
3 cups oatmeal (don’t use instant)
1) Melt Smart Balance in large kettle on medium heat. Stir in cocoa, milk and sugar. Bring to a boil and boil one minute.
2) Remove from heat. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
3) Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. (Do this step within 10 minutes of removing from heat or dough will harden in kettle and you will not be able to make the cookies.)
4) Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar, if desired.
5) Allow to cool about an hour. Cookies will harden as they cool. Then eat!
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Send an E-mail to get added to the Vegetarian Light weekly email!